Monday, October 1, 2018

Word picture (day care)

My day had just gotten better instead of being in the baby room changing diapers and listening to crying, I got switched to  my favorite room three year olds and to make it even better it was water day so we were going outside. Getting a dozen kids changed from play clothes to swim suits and matching swim diapers and towels was more than a little crazy but me and the other teacher managed it. We made it outside the water toys were set up. The toys were really just a few large bins filled with water and cups and a hose but the kids loved it. It was a hot day so when they looked up to me with pleading eyes asking if I would play in the water I said yes. Initially I told them that only me legs could get wet but not my shorts and shirt. Between the heat and their persistence I eventually gave in and they had fun splashing me. Eventually I had to stop them so I could start cleaning up, much to their dismay.

1 comment:

  1. Your vivid descriptions of being outside with the three year olds and playing with water made me feel like I'm also there even though I personally have never worked at a daycare before. It seems that you like being around kids since you agreed when "they looked up to [you] with pleading eyes". Well written!

    ReplyDelete