Monday, October 1, 2018

Word Picture Blog Post

So Close, But Yet So Far...
A cool summer breeze came across the field during the fourth quarter in the tournament final to decide one of the biggest 7 on 7s of the year. My team and I were locked in, we had prepared for this opportunity all summer. The silence was eerie in the huddle, the play was called, “slot left tumulte H”. I knew I was the first place the quarterback was looking, the ball was definitely headed my way. I tried to remain calm and act normal on the way out to my position, I casually jogged out to the hash to the left of the formation. I anxiously waited for the quarterback to snap the ball, It felt like an eternity. When I finally heard the quarterback give the go ahead. I snapped into action and began my route, duck underneath the first linebacker and streak up and over the second and get up the hash. I was wide open, I knew it, I looked up and the ball was on its way. I adjusted to the short throw and slowed down, when the ball finally came I caught it and felt an excruciating pain throughout my right hand. I knew something was wrong, I looked down and my hand was messed up, my right ring finger was broken in three places, and the tendon was gone, it looked like a bomb went off in my hand.

2 comments:

  1. You did a good job using descriptive words. Also, the analogies help the reader imagine your shock and fear as you realized that you had broken your finger in multiple places.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I liked the specific details you used in your story, I can tell this moment stuck with you. I also broke a couple fingers from football, not as bad as you did, but no one ever tells you how much broken fingers hurt.

    ReplyDelete