Wednesday, September 26, 2018

Word Picture

Word Picture

Walking outside on a sunny day to go grab the mail down the street, I empty out the full mailbox and grab the newspaper. Bring it all back inside and start sorting through it to find anything that is addressed to me. I come across a giant yellow envelope with gopher pictures all over it and massive letters that spell out the word congratulations. My parents are right next to me as I open this letter that I have been waiting for a long time. Even though I know what the letter is going to say because the giant congratulations on the front kind of gives it away, I am still full of anticipation for me to be able to read the actual letter. After opening it for what seemed like forever, a gopher sticker falls out and land right on the counter along with all of these other papers. I dig through and find the one I am looking for which tells me exactly what I wanted to hear, that I have made it into the University of Minnesota.

2 comments:

  1. When I got my letter my mom laid it out for me on the counter. I did pretty much the same thing, even thought it said congratulations I felt like I had to read the official letter that said I was in. Honestly all college acceptances were super exciting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your word picture is incrediblely relatable to all of us because we all have a very similar memory. I like the realism of skimming the mail for anything addressed to you. I also think everyone who sees the “congratulations” has the same desire to read the actual letter.

    ReplyDelete