Tuesday, November 13, 2018

Intro to a Favorite Corner of the Internet
I have never been one to dive deep into the archives and black holes of the never ending internet. For the most part I stay on main platforms such as facebook and instagram and check  in on my favorite celebrities. Oddly enough, following my favorite sports team lead me to one of the few places on the internet that I visit that might be unpopular or not well known. My favorite corner of the internet is an app called Pic Collage which is similar to photoshop. Pic Collage allows me to mix different pictures and put faces on other faces or other things along those lines. Through Pic Collage I can mix humor and creativity and create really funny pictures of celebrities or animals and me or my friends.
Originally, Pic Collage was a way to put two pictures together when I wanted to post more than one photo on instagram. There are different templates that allow you to put rectangular or square pictures in different formats and arrangements. Once I started using Pic Collage more and more I began exploring the different tools and formats they had. The one big feature that changed how I used it was the scissors option. I could make one photo the background and then cut around a face or object in another photo and place it onto the background picture. Placing different faces on other bodies is one of my favorite things to do on Pic Collage. It always makes me laugh seeing one of my friends with a celebrity or as an animal and other similar types of collages. I don’t know anyone who wouldn’t want to see themselves in the arms of their celebrity crush.
Celebrities make up the bulk of my masterpieces on Pic Collage. With the help of instagram, I see lots of pictures of my favorite singers, basketball players, and actors that would be perfect for a little face swap. Lately I’ve been getting a good laugh from putting my face onto one of my favorite basketball player’s baby (I know this sounds very odd but it’s really funny and I will attach pictures at the end of the essay). Draymond Green, a player on the Golden State Warriors, has an 18 month old son that he brings to his basketball games. When I put my face into the picture it looks like Draymond is carrying a mini version of me! As creepy and weird as it seems, it’s very amusing for me. Often times, the only people who see my creations are my close friends or the people following my smaller instagram account where I post random stuff and life updates. If everyone was to see my collages I would be slighty embarrassed because it’s not very normal to be photoshopping your own face onto a babies body.

Although it’s a little weird to talk about, I really enjoy using and making things on Pic Collage. I pride myself on making my friends laugh and this has become one of the many ways I am able to do that. It allows me to kind of unwind and add some humor when I’m feeling down or stressed. Humor has always been a big part of my life and Pic Collage is no exception. Even if it is odd, it is definitely my favorite corner of the internet.

1 comment:

  1. Your writing does a good job of introducing Pic Collage to someone who has never used it before. I think it's great that you found something on the internet that you really enjoy doing.

    ReplyDelete