Sunday, December 2, 2018


Introduction to Favorite Corner of the Internet
    If someone were to ask me what my favorite television show is, it wouldn’t take long for me to spew out “The Bachelor franchise”. “The Bachelor”, “The Bachelorette”, and “Bachelor in Paradise” have been three of my favorite shows since the beginning of high school and some may say I’m slightly obsessed. Not only did I decorate my graduation cap Bachelor related, but I’ve also hosted dozens of watch parties with friends. I definitely have my fair share of favorites (and least favorites), but Becca Tilley is by far my favorite contestant and needless to say, I was absolutely thrilled when she announced she was starting a podcast. While I was obsessed after the first episode, soon after, she started including her best friend, Tanya Rad, the co-host of Ryan Seacrest’s radio show, on the podcast, drastically increasing the humor of the show. If there’s any chance you like humor with a bit of seriousness, celebrity guests, and Grey’s Anatomy recaps, Becca and Tanya’s podcast, “Scrubbing in With Becca Tilley and Tanya Rad”, is for you.
    “Scrubbing In” is an outlet I can go to whenever I need a quick laugh. Tanya and Becca always have crazy things happening to them, which makes for some funny stories that are told. In addition, “Tanyaisms” occur quite frequently, where Tanya messes up common phrases that are now known to “Scrubbing In” listeners as what she said them as. Instead of “one man’s trash is another man’s treasure”, Tanya refers to it as “one man’s pie is another man’s pleasure”.
Not only this, but they partake in quizzes, ranging from “Grey’s Anatomy” knowledge to friendship quizzes, where the winner gets to text someone off the other girl’s phone. Celebrity
Kubiak 2
guests often call in, ranging from Hilary Duff to Derek Hough, which brings an added bonus to any episode. If one couldn’t tell by the name of the podcast, Becca and Tanya are huge “Grey’s Anatomy” fans, as am I, so hearing their personal recaps offer a new perspective of the show. The two girls go as far as wearing scrubs to record the podcast, which I could only imagine being a part of.
While I’ve listened to other former Bachelor stars’ podcasts in the past, I can’t seem to enjoy them as much as I do this one. “Scrubbing In” incorporates so many elements that go way past Bachelor world, which helps me realize that they are just normal people who happened to be on television for a few months. This podcast is the only one I’ve attempted to listen to that never fails to put a smile on my face or put me in an instantly brighter mood. In fact, whenever I listen in public, I have to conceal my laugh, as at least once an episode, I find myself laughing out loud in regards to hilarious stories that they always seem to have. I think that Becca and Tanya’s friendship is the part that makes me the happiest because it reminds me of my best friend and I. Their constant “bickering”, yet they always know what the other is going to say next simply makes me smile. One of the things that I love most about “Scrubbing In” is how open Becca and Tanya are, as it shows how relatable they are and how much they care about their fans. A feature of the earlier episodes of the podcast were listener emails, where listeners would send in either questions or scenarios, and Becca and Tanya would answer with their best solutions. The girls care so much about their listeners, which makes it easier to be a loyal fan.
    Overall, this podcast is one that I will stick with until it ends. From the many laughs to heartfelt stories, Tanya and Becca sure know how to make my day. “Scrubbing In With Becca Tilley and Tanya Rad” has me wishing that a new podcast episode were released every single

Kubiak 3
day rather than every Monday. I believe anyone should give this podcast a try, regardless if they are familiar with “The Bachelor” or not.

7 comments:

  1. I also love watching the all of the bachelor shows and I follow my favorite contestants on instagram. I had no idea that Becca had a podcast, but after reading this post I definitely want to check it out. I think this is such an interesting and unknown "corner of the internet".

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have never watched any bachelor shows nor have I listened to this specific podcast, but it seems interesting and fitting for the right audience. Personally, I do listen to podcasts and talk shows quite often so I'm glad to see other people are doing the same and finding their personal favorites. I may give this podcast a shot because your work made it seem like a very interesting one. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Personally I do not watch the bachelor or listen to many podcasts. But I really liked reading about why you like them and it makes me want to give it a listen because it sounds very interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've definitely heard of the bachelor, but I have not seen or listened to the podcasts. I know this particular show or series is favored among many people. Personally, I sometimes listen to Youtube podcasts when it's quiet in my room because I really don't like when there's nothing going on. Because of you, I may even take a shot in listening to the podcast, since I never knew there were even podcasts.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I personally have never seena full episode of the bachelor, but I completely understand how addicitng it can be. I'm glad you found a smaller, more intimate source related to your original love for the Bachelor series, where people are more genuine and personable. Your thorough explanation to the podcast makes a strong argument of why I should watch it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The bachelor is hands down my favorite show, and I follow all my favorite contestants on social media! I didn't know Becca had a podcast, but after reading your description of it, I can't wait to check it out!

    ReplyDelete
  7. While I personally don't watch any of the Bachelor shows I do love listening to podcasts. I watch a lot of youtuber's podcasts because it's a more casual setting for them to just talk about their thoughts and I think it is fun to see them more as a person than a celebrity.

    ReplyDelete